Thursday, May 31, 2012

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...

Okay so here is the deelio, I had broken down, and made Adam bring up my bike. I am going to take up cycling.

Scratch that, I have TAKEN UP cycling. I know this to be true because my thighs and quads are screaming at me.

I don't even know if my bike actually fits me properly or not. Its about 10 years old and its seen better days...but it seems to ride okay, albeit feeling a little bit short in the leg so I don't get a real hard stretch when I peddle on the down stroke.

Either way, I am not complaining.  We have a 'NO WHINY BITCHES ALLOWED' sign on the fridge to keep me motivated and I just purchased a bike computer to better track my advancement.

But I think the real reason behind this is that I HATE gyms, I abhor running, and walking is just freaking boring. So I have loaded up my Blackberry with a crap load of MP3s and bought myself a decent helmet.

Adam is being incredibly supportive, as is my friend Jason who is also a cyclist. He has a professional cyclist he works with so he is sucking all her professional ideas and tips...passing them along to me.  I love networking!

Well...here's me, getting ready to go for a ride. So far I have done about 10 kilometers this week. It may not sound like much, but its a start. Wish me luck!

~tm

No comments: