1) In June we had our ‘Adult Christmas’. It was just my sibs, spouses and our step-dad at our house celebrating the Christmas we didn’t want to celebrate with Mom dying in December. It was nice. It was really nice actually. Rather low-key, which is always my first and foremost concern in a great dinner party. We celebrated with food and wine and exchanged gifts. The missing person was still missing. And I think I ought to just deal with it because ignoring it won’t help. But it was nice and I am looking forward to Christmas in December cause Christmas in June just isn’t right.
2) Helping Selby find a job. Yeah, well THAT didn’t work out. She still sleeps till noon. But she does clean up the kitchen and bleach it down to my specifications. So, that's kindov a good thing.
3) Oh hey...going camping! Still have our weekend planned. Looking forward to being treated like a camping princess as Adam claims I will be. We’ll see. ;-) I have to pick a meal to create and it has to be true to the ‘camping’ feel. I have been scouring the ‘Boy Scout’ web pages to see what I can do. If you have any idea shoot them on over please!
4) Knitting. Well….yeah. Okay so here's the deal...I have been binding on, knitting a few rows, and then ripping it all out. Repeatedly. I am SO PISSY with myself because I have been finding wool or yarn that I want to use, but I have no pattern. And I don’t want to knit a freaking cardigan because I have one on the go and I can not finish the effer. I am ridiculous and frustrated. Well, I did finish a couple of knit slouchy hats as a thank you gift for my intern this summer. She did so much work on the golf tournament for me so I am happy that I got THOSE done.
5) Oh yeah the golf tournament. I forgot. So I am the co-chair of a golf tournament every year and it is a buttload of work. But it was wildly successful and everyone had a blast. So, I am done until next February.
7) Yoga! I am training with a real genuine yoga master from India. Hells yeah!!! Jang is truly awe inspiring and I hope that 10 weeks with him will help me get back to the woman I used to be…only better.
8) I am currently finishing up my ‘Animal Husbandry I’ course and am still so pumped about getting my certificate.